NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Many photos are not showing in the Gallery.

+2
Jeremy Ashford
Ev
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can you see all of the photos in the galleries?

Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 7 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 5 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Empty Re: Many photos are not showing in the Gallery.

Post  Ev Sun 17 Aug - 14:44

Today I counted all of the missing photos and there are 565 over 28 galleries and albums.  The Crown Lynn Eggcup Gallery was totally photo-less.  I have managed to reload this Gallery with only minor hiccups.  Sometimes when I load a photo another random unrelated photo shows up and sometimes the photo shows as a black cross in a little box in the main gallery and when you click onto it the photo is there. The majority of the missing photos are from 2008 and 2009 which should tell us something, but I can't work it out ....?
Hopefully all of the Galleries will be slowly returned to how they were .. .. .. .. one of these days .. .. .. .. ..........
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Empty Re: Many photos are not showing in the Gallery.

Post  JanPots Sun 17 Aug - 19:07

I have tidied up the no names gallery and got that black checkers image to show the correct one
 :weeee:  Razz Razz 
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 17 Aug - 19:18

Thanks heaps Janice, I noticed the Black Chequers was showing. The patterns gallery hasn't been hit too hard and I'm working on it now.... one gallery at a time, as I have to find the photo file..... load it with the exact same title etc then the original shows up if I'm lucky and then I have to delete the reloaded pic ..... ugh
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Mon 18 Aug - 9:03

I was using the link at the bottom of the page or searching for the original thread ( takes ages LOL) and then saving the image to my file.
I couldn't find some but I had a example of the pattern on my files. Phew!!
It will take a while to fix, but we will get there...
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 18 Aug - 16:04

Janice hopefully you have Savoy d186 in your files /???
I can't find it anywhere ..... could you put it in the gallery please *sobs*

Bouquet d628 please can you post this too .....

When those two are done, then the Patterns Gallery will be completed.
It's a good thing that you downloaded the Patterns Gallery I reckon cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 18 Aug - 17:13

Completed Galleries:

Crown Lynn Four Digit Gallery
Swan Gallery
Orzel Gallery
Titian Gallery
Eggcups Gallery
Pottersmarks Gallery
Crown Lynn Wharetana Gallery
01 - 99 Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery
100 - 199 Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery
200 - 299 Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery
300 - 399 Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery
400 - 499 Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery
500 - 599 Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery
600 - 699 Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery
700 - 799 Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery
800 - 881 Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery
Crown Lynn Patterns Gallery :
AB - CD - EFGH - IJKL, - MNOP - QR - ST - UVWXYZ - No Names
Handpotted Gallery thanks to mumof1 Smile
Crown Lynn Shapes with no numbers

Last edited by Ev on Sat 6 Sep - 17:16; edited 12 times in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Mon 18 Aug - 17:49

BRAVO Ev !! You are awesome  :clap: 
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Mon 18 Aug - 18:28

ev wrote:Bouquet d628 please can you post this too
I could not find this in my files or the Savoy   Sad 
Sorry Ev..
BTW you are a ""star"" to upload all those images ...

Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Star10
Ev wrote: we need  Savoy d186  and Bouquet d628 to complete the pattern gallery who has these??  
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 18 Aug - 20:05

Found both of them, which makes me very happy as that is two more galleries complete and the Patterns Gallery is back to normal.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 21 Aug - 8:44

Bah Humbug as I cannot find pics for the Wharetana 1008 Trinket Box and lid and the 1009 Plaque. Perhaps I will stumble across them one of these days while searching for photos that are missing, but for now they remain a mystery. So annoying!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 6 Sep - 17:33

Only one Gallery left now and that is the Crown Lynn Backstamps Gallery.
The positive thing about having to deal with all of those photos is that it has refreshed my memory of what is on the site and it's an enormous, fabulous amount of photos and shapes. Heather was very active in our early years and almost all of the Shapes photos that I reloaded came from her. Thank you so much Heather you are a real treasure!
A couple of Annual Leave days have come in handy to get this lot almost finished thank goodness!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Sat 6 Sep - 19:16

Ev, Well done that must have taken up heaps of your time. Thank god for broadband these days.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 7 Sep - 12:07

Yay I'm so happy I'm singing out loud ....

Listen, listen, echoes sound afar! Listen, listen, echoes sound afar!
Funiculi, funicula, funiculi, funicula! Echoes sound afar, funiculi, funicula!

Yes all finished and there is a huge weight now lifted from my shoulders.
Not sure if I'm prepared to do this ever again, so would anyone know how to download the Galleries as such?
Let me know if you can find a way as we could use something like that as a back up.

Tra la la la la la la la funiculi, funicular
Now I must run to make a Father's Day Chocolate Cake!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 7 Sep - 13:24

It might pay to ask forumotion about that. If they are no help I could ask a "computery" friend.

(I understand the troubles were resulted from issues at servimg rather than forumotion: correct me if I am wrong.)

On occasion I photograph whole galleries, and I know I'm not the only one to do this.
Backup photos would not be the same as an active gallery but at least the images are recorded.

Depending on how much disk space they take up they could be stored on any number of computers as multiple backups if we have a recipe.

Something to be considered is backing up as new items are added. Care should be taken to avoid this happening automatically as if we lose them again automatic backup may backup the galleries with them missing.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum