NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 14:46 by JanPots

» Glen Beattie
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:32 by Ev

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:22 by Ev

Many photos are not showing in the Gallery.

+2
Jeremy Ashford
Ev
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Can you see all of the photos in the galleries?

Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 7 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 5 ]
Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Empty Re: Many photos are not showing in the Gallery.

Post  Ev Sat 6 Sep - 17:33

Only one Gallery left now and that is the Crown Lynn Backstamps Gallery.
The positive thing about having to deal with all of those photos is that it has refreshed my memory of what is on the site and it's an enormous, fabulous amount of photos and shapes. Heather was very active in our early years and almost all of the Shapes photos that I reloaded came from her. Thank you so much Heather you are a real treasure!
A couple of Annual Leave days have come in handy to get this lot almost finished thank goodness!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17738
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Many photos are not showing in the Gallery. - Page 2 Empty Re: Many photos are not showing in the Gallery.

Post  haselnuss Sat 6 Sep - 19:16

Ev, Well done that must have taken up heaps of your time. Thank god for broadband these days.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 7 Sep - 12:07

Yay I'm so happy I'm singing out loud ....

Listen, listen, echoes sound afar! Listen, listen, echoes sound afar!
Funiculi, funicula, funiculi, funicula! Echoes sound afar, funiculi, funicula!

Yes all finished and there is a huge weight now lifted from my shoulders.
Not sure if I'm prepared to do this ever again, so would anyone know how to download the Galleries as such?
Let me know if you can find a way as we could use something like that as a back up.

Tra la la la la la la la funiculi, funicular
Now I must run to make a Father's Day Chocolate Cake!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17738
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 7 Sep - 13:24

It might pay to ask forumotion about that. If they are no help I could ask a "computery" friend.

(I understand the troubles were resulted from issues at servimg rather than forumotion: correct me if I am wrong.)

On occasion I photograph whole galleries, and I know I'm not the only one to do this.
Backup photos would not be the same as an active gallery but at least the images are recorded.

Depending on how much disk space they take up they could be stored on any number of computers as multiple backups if we have a recipe.

Something to be considered is backing up as new items are added. Care should be taken to avoid this happening automatically as if we lose them again automatic backup may backup the galleries with them missing.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum