NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating EmptyYesterday at 8:38 pm by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating EmptyYesterday at 5:09 pm by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating EmptyYesterday at 7:45 am by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 4:25 pm by signal red

» Tea pot ID help please. This was made by David Griffith
Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 8:48 am by CrownPrince

» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - was made by John Ing
Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:24 pm by Leesyloubee

» HELP TO ID MAKER MARK - WALL HANGING VESSEL it is Stephen Carter
Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:23 pm by Leesyloubee

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 12:03 pm by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 11:06 am by Ev

Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating

2 posters

Go down

Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating Empty Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating

Post  Ev Mon 25 Jan 2016, 7:30 pm

Janice and I are working on putting all of the No Names patterns into colours. It was an excellent suggestion from Janice as I've just had to look through these patterns many times trying to find the right one and this will make it so much easier.
We haven't finished yet, but will keep working on this when we can.
So the main colour will be used e.g. Red roses, or Blue carnations etc. and they will stay in their colours.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating Empty Re: Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating

Post  JanPots Mon 25 Jan 2016, 8:53 pm

I will do some too but it will have to be later in the week Very Happy
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating Empty Re: Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating

Post  JanPots Tue 26 Jan 2016, 10:20 am

I did a few from page 5 - (yes I am weird starting at the end LOL)
A few thoughts/queries...
"Vitrified" - do we file them under V so they all stay together?
Any pattern that are the same but different colors would be nice to stay together
things like 'Bird Shooting' and 'Trafalgar Square' - umm difficult to determine a colour.
I have to go out today, but happy to sort out the gallery but will be later in the week :O)
Janice
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Putting the No Namers into colours for easy locating Empty No name gallery

Post  JanPots Wed 27 Jan 2016, 2:09 pm

Ok... I have been sorting the gallery for past 5 hours !!!! LOL I have gone colour crazy...
I tried to keep it simple, but I will go through it again tomorrow as there are a few I am not happy with.
Any hoo...
I put * in front of "deco number" and "Vitrified" so that they came up first. Then any that didn't really suit a colour I labeled as "A Theme"
Then we go in colours
Black , Blue, Brown, Gold ( is a bit hazy ie unsure of) Green, Grey, Honey, Maroon, Orange, Pink Purple Red White & Yellow.
I need to get the original image from the thread to identify the colour correctly.
Have a look and any comments/suggestion/amendments... go for it Janice

JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 27 Jan 2016, 2:20 pm

Thanks so much Janice, I did a heap of Blue, Pink and Red etc the other day too. So now when we add a photo to the No Names we should put the main colour first.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 27 Jan 2016, 2:35 pm

I enjoyed sorting it out, hopefully it will be easier to find patterns now as there are so many ...
The "pinks" gulps... need a special area all of their own !!! LOL
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum