NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Critters d731
Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru EmptyToday at 18:52 by JanPots

» Blue Daisy Spray Pattern
Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru EmptyToday at 16:07 by Kat & Co.

» Oakley Lodge
Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru EmptyToday at 15:50 by Kat & Co.

» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru EmptyWed 15 May - 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru EmptyWed 15 May - 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru EmptyWed 15 May - 7:45 by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru EmptyTue 14 May - 16:25 by signal red

» Tea pot ID help please. This was made by David Griffith
Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru EmptyTue 14 May - 8:48 by CrownPrince

» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - was made by John Ing
Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru EmptyMon 13 May - 22:24 by Leesyloubee

Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru

2 posters

Go down

Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru Empty Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru

Post  haselnuss Sat 23 Jan - 10:53

I love his work and are happy to add this special Koru, that was modelled and produced by him in 2006, to my collection.
Ev, do you know more of its history?
Do you know how many H.Hemara made at the time?

Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru Dscn7514
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru Empty Re: Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru

Post  Ev Sat 23 Jan - 18:54

Did I comment on this on Trade Me haselnuss?
Hemara was still potting up until a year or so ago and believed that he was the longest potter to make pots in NZ.  This piece celebrates 50 years of making pottery as he started at Crown Lynn in 1956.  He has retired now and has gone up North where his family came from.  A special piece to have in your collection haselnuss Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17754
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru Empty Re: Hemara Hemara 50 years of working with pottery celebratery Koru

Post  haselnuss Sat 23 Jan - 19:05

Yes Ev you did comment on this Koru on Trade Me.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Sat 16 Apr - 20:04

Ev, Can you please add the picture to the Hemara gallery.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum