NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with potter ID please?
What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia EmptyYesterday at 11:33 by Pippa J

» Crown Lynn teapot shape 787 courtesy of Manos
What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia EmptyYesterday at 8:47 by Ev

» Critters d731
What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia EmptyFri 17 May - 18:52 by JanPots

» Blue Daisy Spray Pattern
What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia EmptyFri 17 May - 16:07 by Kat & Co.

» Oakley Lodge
What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia EmptyFri 17 May - 15:50 by Kat & Co.

» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia EmptyWed 15 May - 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia EmptyWed 15 May - 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia EmptyWed 15 May - 7:45 by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia EmptyTue 14 May - 16:25 by signal red

What shape is this lovely vase? This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia

3 posters

Go down

What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia Empty What shape is this lovely vase? This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia

Post  Ev Thu 1 Oct - 18:23

If I turn the base in the right light I'm sure that I can see the word Titian and perhaps three markings under it.  However I can't find this shape in the Titian Gallery, but perhaps my keen eyes are looking to quickly to see it Rolling Eyes
It is beautifully lustred and shines with many colours of the rainbow ... please help.

What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia Titian10

Last edited by Ev on Wed 30 May - 7:43; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17755
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia Empty Re: What shape is this lovely vase? This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia

Post  haselnuss Thu 1 Oct - 18:53

I can't find it in the gallery either.

The shape of the vase and the glaze certainly look very Titian and I think that as long as you are sure that it says Titian on the base it should go in the gallery.

haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

What shape is this lovely vase?  This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia Empty Re: What shape is this lovely vase? This was made by Mingay Pottery Australia

Post  Ev Thu 1 Oct - 19:21

Thanks, I will try to find the right light to make sure.
There would be no way that I could photograph it that's for certain.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 29 May - 6:55

Thanks to ynotbrich this vase has been identified as made by Mingay Pottery Australia. Can't work out the number yet.
I had never heard of Mingay, but perhaps Titian were inspired by their work?

Moving this over into the Australian Pottery section.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TonyK Wed 30 May - 18:16

Mingay was one of the marks used by Modern Ceramic Products which operated from 1945 to 1972. There were impressed marks as well as paper labels. A reprint of an MCP catalogue illustrating Mingay Art Ware in Dorothy Johnston's 'The People's Potteries - Stories of the Art Potteries of Sydney - Post WWII' p200 has this shape numbered as 279.
TonyK
TonyK

Number of posts : 653

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 31 May - 7:53

Thanks for all of that information Tony.
We tried googling all sorts of numbers, but didn't find it.
Even now that I know the number, google doesn't show this piece.
It's incredibly Titian-like, but has now gone to a new home Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

ynotbrich likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum