NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  EmptyYesterday at 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  EmptyYesterday at 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  EmptyYesterday at 7:45 by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  EmptyTue 14 May - 16:25 by signal red

» Tea pot ID help please. This was made by David Griffith
Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  EmptyTue 14 May - 8:48 by CrownPrince

» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - was made by John Ing
Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  EmptyMon 13 May - 22:24 by Leesyloubee

» HELP TO ID MAKER MARK - WALL HANGING VESSEL it is Stephen Carter
Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  EmptyMon 13 May - 22:23 by Leesyloubee

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  EmptyMon 13 May - 12:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  EmptyMon 13 May - 11:06 by Ev

Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...

2 posters

Go down

Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  Empty Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...

Post  Maryr Tue 5 Nov - 7:43

This one is beyond me... I have seen Daniel Steenstra planters with the Royal Oak mark, but a PLATE? This looks exactly the same shape and glaze as the early colourglaze, eg the Roydon South Pacific plates. Ev have you found any info about a crossover between CL and Royal Oak? This is from the wonderful Jim's collection.
Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  X_colo10

Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  X_colo11
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  Empty Re: Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...

Post  Ev Tue 5 Nov - 18:38

That is amazing!
I will have to do some sleuthing to see if I can find any clues regarding that one as I really don't think that Royal Oak made that sort of tableware!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  Empty Re: Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...

Post  Maryr Fri 29 Nov - 9:59

I could be dreaming but.... the font and style of the text on this Crown Lynn mark looks very similar to the Royal Oak one... this is on the plate also shown below.
 Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  X_pret10

Looks like colour glaze but Royal Oak mark...  X_pret11
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 19 Jun - 14:35

Gail Henry has this mark on page 237 2nd Edition and says it is from circa 1975 - 1979 and was used by Royal Oak .......
I guess this should then go into the Royal Oak Gallery, but my goodness it looks purely Crown Lynn to me, like they made it and put the stamp on for Royal Oak. Perhaps you could find out some details about this ware and the planter that has the same mark Val.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Thu 19 Jun - 17:27

Ev I am glad you have pulled this one back from the depths... Hoping to look into it in a few weeks
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 10 Apr - 13:04

I'm popping this Royal Oak Potteries yellow bowl into the Royal Oak Gallery as it's an oddity to date.  Perhaps some more info will turn up ....?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum