NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Orange and Brown amazing pattern
Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... EmptyToday at 7:51 by Ev

» Glenn Beattie
Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... EmptyToday at 7:40 by Ev

» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... EmptyMon 6 May - 14:46 by JanPots

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... EmptyMon 6 May - 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ...

2 posters

Go down

Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... Empty Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ...

Post  Ev Thu 28 Feb - 8:54

How marvellous to find that two Café in Wynyard Quarter were using Crown Lynn crockery. However I wasn't impressed to see chips and cracks on some pieces, mostly colour glaze. They should have chosen just the vitrified ware and they did have some which was just fine. Hehee I checked out all of the patterns that I could see ..... such a dork Embarassed
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17740
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ... Empty Re: Cafe using Crown Lynn crockery in Auckland ...

Post  Thelma Thu 28 Feb - 12:15

Yes, you rarely see vitrified pieces chipped, they are VERY sturdy. I have bought some small bowls and a plate or two of the double red line vitrified, to give to new grandson to use when he starts on solids. They will survive dropping, dishwasher, just about anything,(I hope) Smile
I thought I was the only one that checked out the crockery when I was eating out! Embarassed
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum