NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with potter ID please?
Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! EmptySat 18 May - 11:33 by Pippa J

» Crown Lynn teapot shape 787 courtesy of Manos
Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! EmptySat 18 May - 8:47 by Ev

» Critters d731
Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! EmptyFri 17 May - 18:52 by JanPots

» Blue Daisy Spray Pattern
Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! EmptyFri 17 May - 16:07 by Kat & Co.

» Oakley Lodge
Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! EmptyFri 17 May - 15:50 by Kat & Co.

» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! EmptyWed 15 May - 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! EmptyWed 15 May - 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! EmptyWed 15 May - 7:45 by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! EmptyTue 14 May - 16:25 by signal red

Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !!

2 posters

Go down

Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! Empty Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !!

Post  mumof1 Wed 26 Sep - 13:48

Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! Dsc02410
This is still make of the red clay, but has been coloured using a clear glaze inside, a black shiny glazed thin ring on the top ridge, a gray wash to the neck, and a charcoal/brown wash on the top half of the body, and a warm brown glaze on the bottom half, measuring 165mm high
Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! Dsc02411
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! Empty Re: Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !!

Post  Ev Wed 26 Sep - 14:18

That looks just like a piece of Studio Pottery!
Very nice seeing some different colourings Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17755
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! Empty Re: Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !!

Post  mumof1 Tue 8 Sep - 13:27

Another stunning Steenstra Brick & Pipe clay vase !! Dsc08112
This is the first one I have seen with a cream top and glossy cream interior.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 8 Sep - 14:44

Very nice. Is it a cream slip or glaze?
is the middle band glazed?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Wed 9 Sep - 11:28

Only the lighter, lower portion of the vase is glazed clear, the darker middle band appears to be darker because it is not glazed (is that right I wonder?). The white on the top appears to be slip, as the colour inside the body is the terracotta, with the cream on the inside of the neck. The gloss on the interior and neck, again appears to be from a clear covering glaze. I hope I have that right.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 9 Sep - 14:25

This is really lovely and I would like one very similar one day.
Y'know I keep seeing Daniel Steenstra in these pots, especially in the ones with the lumpy bumpy finish and this listing from emmitt made me gasp with his reference to Daniel and the red brick clay, even though that pot of looks like an early Ambrico shape it has been decorated differently.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=946694214
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum