NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware

5 posters

Go down

hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware Empty hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware

Post  Ev Tue 4 Oct - 17:49

As the 637 and 638 are similar.... no numbers or stamps on the base.
I've seen these jugs before, but my grey matter is letting me down here!
Can anyone help please?

hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware Jugs_x10

Last edited by Ev on Fri 29 May - 8:03; edited 2 times in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware Empty Re: hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware

Post  HeatherT Tue 4 Oct - 21:54

The 637 looks very like the jugs only without the handles, the 638 is described as "Jug vase with quadrupal (?) string beaded ribs. The picture from the Auckland museum is not a mistake..either these jugs have another number elsewhere or this is what the 637, 636 were copied from??
HeatherT
HeatherT

Number of posts : 874
Interests: : Crown Lynn animals, swans and vases

Back to top Go down

hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware Empty Re: hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware

Post  TonyK Thu 6 Oct - 8:50

Those wave/koru forms around the base are very Crown Lynn/Titian looking? Maybe the clay body and weight would help? Could they be Shorter and Sons or Japanese?
TonyK
TonyK

Number of posts : 653

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 6 Oct - 18:27

I've seen these jugs before and it could only have been on Trademe as I hang out there endlessly.
They look very English to my eyes .....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 15 Oct - 19:50

While looking for something else on the net, I came across a jug exactly the same....
Titian Presley Ware the caption said.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware Empty Presley Ware Crackle Glaze Vase

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 3 Oct - 18:50

Similar to above but not the same..cat 
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware Presle10
hon-john asks if these jugs are Crown Lynn.... No they are Titian Presley Ware Presle11
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 3 Oct - 18:57

Yes, that became a 2089 shape that Crown Lynn adopted from Titian and it seems that it was very popular.
I don't think we have that Presleyware sticker do we?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 3 Oct - 19:09

Haselnuss has sent a better pic than mine the back colour is meant to be silver..Rolling Eyes
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 4 Oct - 7:36

I saw one of these listed recently clearly backstamped with Beswick.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 4 Oct - 17:33

After just seeing one of these listed with the number 636 on it I remembered that Crown Lynn also made these with three digits.  Checked the records and they first made this 2 way ribbed Shell Vase with Starfish in March 1961 ....... ?
So then I had to check the 2089 records and it says:
Shell Mantle was B105 Titian ......???? First made with the four digits in June 1976 scratch Oh dear me I am so confused I want someone to tell me what was going on !!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Sat 5 Oct - 9:18

Maybe CL used the Titian mould shapes that were unmarked right from take over & then in 1976 they had new mould made with four digits? cat 
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 5 Oct - 9:52

Hmmmm maybe some of that is correct, but crown Lynn started making those vases in 1961 when titian was a separate identity ........?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Sun 27 Oct - 13:49

I have got the jug in typical Titian green/white lustre. It is unmarked and does look and feel very much like Titian. The antique dealer sold it to me as Titian. When we have more time we will post a picture.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum