NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! EmptyToday at 14:46 by JanPots

» Glen Beattie
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! EmptyToday at 11:32 by Ev

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! EmptyToday at 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! EmptyYesterday at 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:22 by Ev

Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn!

Go down

Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! Empty Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn!

Post  Ev Sat 11 Mar - 11:21

For many years these little bottles have turned up on Trade Me and at Auctions.
They sell well, as people sell them as Crown Lynn, however they were not made by Crown Lynn.
They always make me squint and scratch my head to try to work out what they were, so I did comparison photos and the story tells itself as the differences stand out clearly.

This little bottle is the same shape as the Orzel small Ti Toki bottle, but this variation has had a screw top addition and you can even see where it has been added.

I have an idea where and when this happened and will continue investigating.

This is the new breed bottle we are discussing:
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! Ti_tok11

This is the new breed variation beside an Orzel small Ti Toki bottle:
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! Small_10

Finally the variation, beside a Crown Lynn small Ti toki bottle and the differences are very obvious:
Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! Ti_tok12
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17738
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Melita and Russellk like this post

Back to top Go down

Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! Empty Re: Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn!

Post  Ev Mon 13 Mar - 9:37

Adding some info from Tom Clark Jnr to say that the Ti Toki bottles were once fired and the inside was glazed with Roadmarker leadless glaze from 109 frit and zircon.
This was a white glaze and is on the thread as well and is another way of telling that it was made by Crown Lynn.

Ti Toki small bottle with screw cap that was not made by Crown Lynn! Ti_tok14
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17738
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum