NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with potter ID please?
JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest EmptySat 18 May - 11:33 by Pippa J

» Crown Lynn teapot shape 787 courtesy of Manos
JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest EmptySat 18 May - 8:47 by Ev

» Critters d731
JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest EmptyFri 17 May - 18:52 by JanPots

» Blue Daisy Spray Pattern
JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest EmptyFri 17 May - 16:07 by Kat & Co.

» Oakley Lodge
JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest EmptyFri 17 May - 15:50 by Kat & Co.

» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest EmptyWed 15 May - 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest EmptyWed 15 May - 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest EmptyWed 15 May - 7:45 by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest EmptyTue 14 May - 16:25 by signal red

JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest

4 posters

Go down

JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest Empty JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest

Post  BeanNZ Fri 27 May - 13:19

My mother is Jeannette MacEwan.  She had a pot of hers accepted into the Fletcher Brownbuilt Pottery Awards in I think 1981.  One of the conditions of entry was that all items had to be for sale and she really didn't want it to sell.  So she put what she thought was a crazy price on it but it sold anyway.  I'm trying to source that pot as I would love for it to "come home" either permanently or on loan for her 90th birthday next year.  I've started my quest today and thought this team of enthusiasts might be able to help.   I'll be able to get a picture of a similar one that was made at the same time but it will have to be a stealthy mission as it's at mum's house and I'm trying to keep this a stealthy quest!  Will post it here when able.

Thanks for reading and any information that could help me find this pot would be greatly appreciated.

Nga mihi

Jeannie

PS Also interested in seeing/buying any other pieces of her work.  Wink

BeanNZ

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-04-25

Ev, mumof1 and JanPots like this post

Back to top Go down

JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest Empty Jeannette Macewan Fletcher Brownvilt request.

Post  Gilligee Sat 19 Nov - 17:29

Have you had any success, or even nibbles, yet?

Gilligee

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2021-04-20

Back to top Go down

JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest Empty Fletcher Brownbuilt Quest

Post  R L Pike Sun 20 Nov - 12:46

What a lovely idea .. wish you all the very best in your search - and would love to see your mum's face if her loved pot turns up . Cheers

R L Pike

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2014-11-27

Back to top Go down

JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest Empty Fletcher Brownbuilt Quest

Post  R L Pike Sun 20 Nov - 12:53

You may have already thought of it, but I wondered if anyone has a back-copy of NZ Potter for 1981, there may have been a photo taken and published - this would give the "eagle-eyed" an idea of what to look for. Cheers

R L Pike

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2014-11-27

Back to top Go down

JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest Empty Re: JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest

Post  Ev Sun 20 Nov - 17:19

I would have a copy of that NZ Potter magazine as I have nearly all of them.
I also have many of the Fletcher Brownbuilt catalogues, so will check them out when I get time and let you know if I find anything.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17755
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

R L Pike likes this post

Back to top Go down

JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest Empty Re: JEANNETTE MACEWAN Fletcher Brownbuilt Pot Quest

Post  Ev Mon 21 Nov - 9:12

We have a couple of Jeanette's pieces on the site :
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t3039-jeanette-macewan-mark

I've looked at the 1977, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, Fletcher Brownbuilt Catalogues and can't find Jeanette.
Perhaps it was the 1982 Exhibition, as I don't have that one, but it may be misplaced.

It would be best to find the year and then we can follow up from there.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17755
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum