NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyToday at 12:05 by Maryr

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyToday at 12:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyToday at 11:06 by Ev

» Denise Wellsford
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyToday at 10:42 by Ev

» Waimea Pottery
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyToday at 10:36 by Ev

» Janet Rogers
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyToday at 10:29 by Ev

» Judith Rosamund
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyToday at 10:24 by Ev

» Adrian Cotter
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyToday at 10:21 by Ev

» Carrick Oliver coffee pot
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyToday at 8:22 by JanPots

Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier

3 posters

Go down

Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier Empty Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier

Post  tonznz Fri 29 Apr - 12:47

Hi all. I'm just in Melbourne visiting my daughter. I popped into an op shop and found this motley blue glazed Aquila corked jug. It's been used by possibly a tea supplier in Australia so I assume they bought an order of these jugs for their business.
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier Img20210
Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier Img20211

tonznz

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-12-14

Ev and gloworm like this post

Back to top Go down

Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier Empty Re: Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier

Post  Ev Fri 29 Apr - 12:57

Thanks for sharing Smile

We were also sent a photo of another that was found in NSW, so Aquila must have exported quite a few.
Nice colour I must add.
Here is the other we were sent:
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t6144-aquila-new-zealand-corked-jar#23933
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17752
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

tonznz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier Empty Re: Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier

Post  Maryr Thu 5 May - 15:51

Wow thank you for that pic from Oz.
I have one of these and now I know who they were made for.  Mine has the same aquila mark impressed into the base.
Mine is a shiny mid-brown. same colour as the other one on this site.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2011-11-17

tonznz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum