NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's EmptyToday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's EmptyToday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's EmptyToday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's EmptyToday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's EmptyToday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's EmptyToday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's EmptyToday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's EmptyToday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's EmptyToday at 8:48 by Ev

This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's

2 posters

Go down

This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's Empty This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's

Post  Ev Sun 9 Apr - 11:55

Photos courtesy of the Ferret:

This mark doesn't exactly match the one recorded in the Potters Marks book, but Michelle is the only potter that I know of that uses a kowhaiwhai mark. 
So I happily agree with the Ferret Smile

This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's Nichol10

This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's Nichol11

Last edited by Ev on Thu 19 Apr - 13:13; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's Empty Re: This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's

Post  Ev Thu 19 Apr - 13:12

Jeremy, I noticed that you posted this mark as Mike Regan's on the NZ Studio Pottery page and it was acknowledged by Mike, so I will correct the mark in the gallery.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's Empty Re: This is not the mark of Michelle Nichols, but is Mike Regan's

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 23 Apr - 20:53

Yes, that is Mike's old mark. I recognised it when I bought the jug because he had given me one of his old mugs with the same mark.

That old stamp is long gone now.

He was signing work with his name last year.
I have a signed mug too.

Mike told me he wanted to make a mark based on an Irish crown so I suggested the claddagh which incorporates hands, heart, and crown. It is a tradional image on Irish jewellery.

I think it was his wife the Mayor who bought the claddagh ring he now uses for his pottery mark. I'll get a photo of that new mark some time soon.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum