NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is this black dish Crown Lynn 356 “Wet and Dry”
One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. EmptyToday at 15:01 by kitsch

» Is this Titian Studio? No it's Diana Pottery Australia!
One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. EmptyToday at 11:51 by kitsch

» Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please
One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. EmptyToday at 10:34 by kitsch

» Is this “Shell” shaped vase NZ pottery
One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. EmptyToday at 10:14 by kitsch

» Is this large brown painted bowl Crown Lynn please?
One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. EmptyToday at 10:10 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn Shape No. 42?
One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. EmptyToday at 8:21 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn shape no.10!
One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. EmptyToday at 8:19 by kitsch

» Temuka Maori motif wall vase
One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. EmptyYesterday at 16:15 by Ev

» Temuka ware factory seconds
One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. EmptyYesterday at 7:53 by Melita

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes.

+3
Cat-a-lat
JanPots
DaSiEm
7 posters

Go down

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Empty One Man's Trash...as the saying goes.

Post  DaSiEm Fri 25 Apr - 21:45

Salutations NZP members, here's the situation. It's time for a house-wide cull and my unwanted ceramics may be perfect for you.

Here's my thoughts: I'll take photos and post them in this thread. If you're keen for anything, just flick me a message and we can arrange pick up at my humble, Swanson-based abode or alternatively, have them posted / couriered at your expense. This will be a 'First In, First Served' situation.  At a guess, there'll be about 300 pieces, mainly cups, saucers and plates, with a few spice jars, small white vases, jugs, egg cups and other bits and pieces in various conditions. I've only just started the cull (so I'm not sure exactly what I'll part with at this stage) and would like to think I can get the majority out by Winter.

All I ask is a coin per piece...buyers choice.  As a coin collector, I'm not even convinced it has to be current NZ legal tender.  

Why not TM or drop them to an op shop I hear you ask?  TM will take half if it sells at $1 reserve and Auckland op shops would overcharge for them.  I think it's a win-win this way...

Why do it at all?  I need to see my office floor again and I can't bring myself to pack them away in boxes again, since my move to the farm 18 months ago, not even to store.  My rule is, if I wouldn't actually eat / use them in my own kitchen, it needs to go.  This has made me remove my beehive bowls out of the cabinet to use in my kitchen on the daily.  Using them for what they were intended.

Know that there won't be anything spectacular, but 'eye of the beholder' and what not.  Once the pieces have been claimed, I'll delete the photo so there is no confusion.  Happy to hold all pieces until the end of May, at which point, all unclaimed bits will be 'advertised' again and then taken to the oppie first week of June.

Happy to field questions and requests, I will not give all of it to one person, there will an opportunity to acquire 2 or 3 buckets of broken ceramics (mainly Crown Lynn) for mosaics in the last week of May (happy for any suggestions if no one from here wants broken pieces?!) and as it's so late right now, I will start posting photos tomorrow (Saturday 26/04/14).

I think I covered everything...?
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-05-21

Back to top Go down

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Empty Re: One Man's Trash...as the saying goes.

Post  JanPots Sat 26 Apr - 16:27

Hiya-- I am excited to see what cups & saucers you have in your midst... Although I should stop, I just can't help myself Razz Razz Razz
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Empty Re: One Man's Trash...as the saying goes.

Post  Cat-a-lat Sat 26 Apr - 16:35

ALso keen to see what treasures are unearthed!  Very Happy
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Empty First 25 Dinner Plates

Post  DaSiEm Sat 26 Apr - 17:32

1. Claimed: fi. Diameter: 21.5 cm.  Backstamp: 'Crown Lynn New Zealand Vitrified'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Good, used condition.

2. Claimed: JanPots. Diameter: 22.0 cm.  Backstamp: 'Capistrano Pat. No. 969.  Lynndale Ware New Zealand'.  No chips, cracking or crazing.  Wear on pattern.

3. Diameter: 22.5 cm.  Backstamp: 'The Avondale Selection Cloister Dishwasher Safe Detergent Proof D427 Made In New Zealand'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2212

4. Diameter: 22.5 cm.  Backstamp: 'Pat. No. 393. Fabrique by Crown Lynn New Zealand Detergent & Acid Resistant Colours'.  No chips or cracks.  All over light crazing.  Weird discolouring on top only.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2213

5. Diameter: 22.5 cm.  Backstamp: 'Pioneer by Crown Lynn New Zealand d174 Dishwasher Safe'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  General wear and tear.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2214

6. Diameter: 24.5 cm.  Backstamp: 'Made In NZ' with the coronet.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Heavy wear and tear.One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2215

7. 2 plates available.  Diameter: 25.0 cm.  Backstamp: 'Genuine Ironstone New Zealand'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Transfers on both plates scratched in places.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2216

8. Diameter: 25.0 cm. Backstamp: 'Saturn d32500 Made In New Zealand'.  No chips or cracks.  Minor crazing. Good, used condition.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2217

9. 5 plates available.  Diameter: 25.5 cm.  Backstamp: 'The Avondale Selection Cloister Dishwasher Safe Detergent Proof D427 Made In New Zealand'.  No chips, cracks or crazing. Good, used condition. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2218

10. Claimed: Ev.  Diameter: 26.0 cm.  Backstamp: 'Colonial Dishwasher Safe Detergent Proof Made In New Zealand'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Good, used condition.

11. Diameter: 26.5 cm.  Backstamp: 'Blue Bouquet Crown Lynn New Zealand D746'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Heavy wear and tear.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2221

12. Diameter: 26.5 cm.  Backstamp: 'Antique Rose Crown Lynn New Zealand D706'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Heavy wear and tear.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2222

13. 2 plates available.  Diameter: 26.5 cm.  Backstamp: 'Crown Lynn Pioneer D677 Dishwasher Safe Permanent Colours Made In New Zealand'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Good, used condition.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2223

14. 5 plates available.  Diameter: 26.5 cm.  Backstamp: 'Duet Crown Lynn New Zealand Dishwasher Safe 57600'.  No chips or cracks.  4 plates have all over crazing.  General wear and tear.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2224

Ev, if any pattern pops up that isn't in the gallery, feel free to use the images.

First in, first served.  Leave a message or private message me to claim...and seriously, just a coin per piece.  I'll keep adding pieces over the next month or so.  Any questions, let me know.

Last edited by DaSiEm on Sun 18 May - 19:38; edited 3 times in total
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 26 Apr - 18:41

I would like the Colonial plate please. For research purposes of course Wink
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Sat 26 Apr - 18:59

Done Eve. I'll start you a box...Smile
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sat 26 Apr - 19:47

I am keen on Number 2. Diameter: 22.0 cm. Back-stamp: 'Capistrano Pat. No. 969.
 Cool  Cool 
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Fri 16 May - 12:04

I know, it's been a couple of weeks but have put time aside all day today to get onto it.  

15. Claimed: Maryr. Diameter: 7.0 cm, height: 8.0 cm.  Cinnamon.  The Settlers Collection by Orzel Industries NZ.  No chips, cracks or crazing.

16. Claimed: Maryr. Diameter: 7.0 cm, height: 8.0 cm.  Mixed Spice.  The Settlers Collection by Orzel Industries NZ.  No chips, cracks or crazing.

17. Claimed: Maryr. Diameter: 7.0 cm, height: 8.0 cm.  Mixed Spice.  The Settlers Collection by Orzel Industries NZ.  No chips, cracks or crazing.

18. Diameter: 5.5 cm, height: 7.5 cm. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2314One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2315

19. Diameter: 6.8 cm, height: 8.0 cm. 'Spoons' across the bottom. No chips, cracks or crazing. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2316One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2317

20. Diameter: 10.0 cm, height: 6.5 cm (without lid).  No chips, cracks or crazing.
One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2318

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2319

21. Diameter: 7.5 cm, height: 8.0 cm.  Small crack in rim.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2320

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2322

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2323

22. Spout to handle: 11.5 cm, height: 10.5 cm. No chips, cracks or crazing.One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2324

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2325

23. Spout to handle: 13.0 cm, height: 10.5 cm. Base marking: 'MADE IN NEW ZEALAND 6032'. No chips, cracks or crazing.One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2326

24. Diameter: 17.5 cm. Backstamp: 'Crown Clarence "Cornflower" Staffordshire England'.  No chips or cracks, crazing on both sides.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2327

25. 4 available.  Diameter: 17.8 cm. Backstamp: 'MAIDSTONE J & G Meakin HANLEY ENGLAND'. No chips, cracks or crazing.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2328

26. 2 available. (I think there may be more, need to dig around). Diameter: 8.0 cm, height: 6.5 cm. Base markings: 'MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'.  No chips or cracks.  Crazing on both handles.  Need a clean.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2329

27. Diameter: 7.5 cm, height: 7.0 cm.  Base markings: 'MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Needs a clean.One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2330

28. 2 available.  Diameter: 7.0 cm, height: 9.5 cm.  Base markings: ' 1197. MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'.  No chips or cracks.  Minor crazing around rim. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2331

29. 2 available.  Diameter: 7.0 cm, height: 8.5 cm.  Base markings: '1222. MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'. No chips or cracks.  Minor crazing. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2332

30. Diameter: 8.5 cm, height: 7.5 cm.  Base markings: 'MADE IN NZ' with the coronet.  No chips or cracks.  Minor crazing.  No lid.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2333

31. Diameter: 10.0 cm, height: 4.5 cm.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Needs a clean, has sellotape along the inside of the bottom. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2334

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2335

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2336

32.  2 available.  Length: 22.5 cm, width: 15.0 cm, depth: 2.0 cm.  Backstamp: 'NEW ZEALAND CROWN LYNN SUPERVITRIFIED WARE 82'. No chips, cracks or crazing.  Good, used condition.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2337

33. Length: 22.5 cm, width: 15.0 cm, depth: 2.0 cm.  Backstamp: 'NEW ZEALAND CROWN LYNN SUPERVITRIFIED WARE'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Top glaze looks worn / matt. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2338

34. Diameter: 15.0 cm. One grey line. Backstamp: 'd10209. MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'. No chips, cracks or crazing.  One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2339

35. Diameter: 15.0 cm. One dark brown line. Backstamp: 'd11104 MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'. No chips, cracks or crazing.One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2340

36. 2 available. Diameter: 15.0 cm. Three brown lines.  Backstamp: 'd2001 MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'. No chips, cracks or crazing. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2341

37. 3 available. Diameter: 15.0 cm. Two brown lines.  Backstamp: 'MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2342

38. 3 available.  Diameter: 15.0 cm. One dark grey line, one thick light grey line.  Backstamp: 'd 37601 MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'. No chips or cracks.  Small crazing on one. Need a clean. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2343

39. 3 available.  Diameter: 17.5 cm. Backstamp: 'KELSTON CERAMICS D444 NEW ZEALAND'. No chips, cracks or crazing. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2344

40. Diameter: 16.8 cm. Unmarked Autumn Splendour.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Well used condition.One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2345

41. Diameter: 17.0 cm. Backstamp: 'GENUINE IRONSTONE NEW ZEALAND'. No chips or cracks.  Minor crazing and marked.One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2346

42. Claimed: fi. Cup: Diameter: 8.5 cm, height: 6.5 cm. Base marking: 'MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'. Saucer: 14.0 cm.  Unmarked. No chips, cracks or crazing.   Needs a clean.

43. Diameter: 8.0 cm, height: 7.0 cm.  Basestamp: 'CROWN LYNN EARTHSTONE NEW ZEALAND'. Base markings: 'MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'. No chips, no cracks or crazing.  Need a clean. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2348

44. Diameter: 8.0 cm, height: '7.0 cm. Base markings: MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'.  No chips, cracks or crazing.  Need a clean.One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2349

45. Diameter: 8.0 cm, height: 8.0 cm. Base markings: 'MADE IN NEW ZEALAND'. One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Sam_2350

Last edited by DaSiEm on Sun 18 May - 19:48; edited 1 time in total
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Empty no.42

Post  fi Fri 16 May - 13:41

Hiya,
Interesting shape for that Baroque cup and saucer!, I only have shape 25's so I will just HAVE to have it :-)
You probably have my email somewhere... (think - white wire plate stands } Laughing 
if you can't find it let me know what you want and how to fix you up :-) if you prefer a swap feel free to send a list of what you want. I have a shed load of spares. :-)
fi
fi

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Fri 16 May - 14:35

Hi can I pls have your three lovely settlers collection items... numbers 15, 16, 17 I think.
I am valmnk at gmail.com or private message me, to let me know how much I owe you.
ValM
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Empty and no 1

Post  fi Fri 16 May - 20:14

Just looked properly through the plates. Would also like the first one with pretty pink flower. :-) Better start me a box too  Laughing 
fi
fi

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 16 May - 20:23

fi wrote:Just looked properly through the plates. Would also like the first one with pretty pink flower. :-) Better start me a box too  Laughing 

The red thistle one? I've got a luncheon plate size (think that's what they're called - next size down from dinner size)  if you want another one and you're ever over Palmy way. Smile
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

One Man's Trash...as the saying goes. Empty red thistle

Post  fi Fri 16 May - 20:38

Hi Kat, excellent! even better  Very Happy  I actually save the small size plates for my sample collection but always happy with anything until I find the ideal one.
I am only in Wangas so next time I am heading that way I will give you a yell. Better allow for some extra time in case you have more spares to clear.  bounce Do you want to swap or sell - I'm happy either way.
fi
fi

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Sun 1 Jun - 14:51

Quick update guys: I'm useless and need to get onto posting more photos up in this thread. I am going to post the unclaimed pieces onto trademe today and try and get some more new pieces up here tomorrow. Still a lot of pieces to post so stay tuned.
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

Post  unouwanit Wed 20 Aug - 12:44

It has been far too long since I was last here...thank goodness I haven't missed this altogether!

:-)

unouwanit

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Fri 29 Aug - 20:12

It has been a crazy Winter on the farm...my FIL had a stroke (at the age of 91), job offers, farm animals...I have been negligent. Crying or Very sad

However, life is evening out and I think I can get back to this...I just don't know when but soon.

I have all claimed pieces separated and ready to go.

And yes, I have lots more to offer.

:starwars:
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum