NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BS? Is anyone able to help please…
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? EmptyToday at 16:06 by tabbyland

» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all?

3 posters

Go down

Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? Empty Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all?

Post  mumof1 Mon 24 Mar - 14:49

Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? Dsc00416
This is sooooo tiny! 42mm or 2 3/4" high, it's more like a thimble! I wonder where this would fit in?
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? Dsc00417
Not sure the hand painting is original however, as it was handpainted bye - or is it by E Powell maybe?
Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? Dsc00418
A size comparison with salt shaker and egg cup  sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2359
Registration date : 2011-03-21

MonG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? Empty Re: Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all?

Post  Ev Mon 24 Mar - 15:08

Gosh that shape really looks like the 2029 shape that I loaded the other day ....
I don't have measurements, only the description, Small Vase, though I'm sure that I saw them in the Modellers Log Book when they were first being modelled and I will check that out.

Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? 2029_s10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? Empty Re: Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all?

Post  Maryr Mon 24 Mar - 15:22

There are a couple of references to other tiny vases on this site.  I know Jonno has one, but of course I can't find it at present!  This is a link to a discussion.
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t2757-help-to-identify-very-very-tiny-crown-lynn?highlight=tiny
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Mon 24 Mar - 15:42

The post from Jonno is here http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t1706-tiny-crown-lynn-vase?highlight=tiny - 45mm high. I wonder how high the other one was? Judging by the lighter I think about 50mm. All three are different shapes. I assume these were slipcast?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 24 Mar - 15:54

No measurements, but the 2027, 2028 and the 2029 were modelled on 23rd and 24th Sept 1964.  They are referred to as Miniature Vases when they were finished blocking on Sept 29.
I reckon that Hand Potted or Hand Crafted stamps would indicate that they were made on a wheel by hand.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Thu 6 Aug - 17:42

Do you want this added to the gallery Ev, it does seem to fit? It only says hand painted, not hand potted,
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 7 Aug - 6:56

Yes please and let's put it in the Gallery as a Shape 2029 Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

mumof1 and MonG like this post

Back to top Go down

Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? Empty What do you think about this one then?

Post  mumof1 Sat 8 Aug - 11:51

Mini miniature, salesmans sample or handpotted? Is this the smallest Crown Lynn vase of all? P1020310
Would this be a 2029 too then or a 2027?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 8 Aug - 11:53

This one has a longer neck.
I will have to check it out and get back to you Anne.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 8 Aug - 11:57

Sorry I can't tell. It doesn't appear to match any.
I wish they had given measurements.
Ev
Ev
Admin

mumof1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum