NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is this black dish Crown Lynn 356 “Wet and Dry”
Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle EmptyToday at 15:01 by kitsch

» Is this Titian Studio? No it's Diana Pottery Australia!
Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle EmptyToday at 11:51 by kitsch

» Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please
Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle EmptyToday at 10:34 by kitsch

» Is this “Shell” shaped vase NZ pottery
Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle EmptyToday at 10:14 by kitsch

» Is this large brown painted bowl Crown Lynn please?
Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle EmptyToday at 10:10 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn Shape No. 42?
Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle EmptyToday at 8:21 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn shape no.10!
Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle EmptyToday at 8:19 by kitsch

» Temuka Maori motif wall vase
Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle EmptyYesterday at 16:15 by Ev

» Temuka ware factory seconds
Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle EmptyYesterday at 7:53 by Melita

Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle

4 posters

Go down

Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle Empty Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle

Post  bopmum Sun 11 Aug - 14:57

Looking for any items in this duck egg/ pale blue speckled glaze.  I decided that this is the type of ware that would go best in our busy household and our dishwasher and the glaze just appeals to me.  So if anyone has any of this glaze in any shape escpecially Dinner plates because so far I haven't found any, I'd love to buy any.
Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle Duckeg11
bopmum
bopmum

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle Empty Re: Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle

Post  Ev Mon 12 Aug - 17:30

Three luncheon coupe shape plates in an op shop in Manukau for $18 ..... rather expensive actually, but hey all for a good cause.....
This glaze is a good choice for hard wear and tear and is dishwasher friendly Smile
Incidentally I got 4 pieces of Crown Lynn from the same shop for $1, but they didn't have any of those magic expensive words on them Wink
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle Empty Re: Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle

Post  bopmum Mon 12 Aug - 18:59

Forgive my ignorance Ev what shape is the Luncheon Coupe?
bopmum
bopmum

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 12 Aug - 19:02

Let me be more clear ..... they were the size of a Luncheon plate which is smaller than a dinner plate and the shape was the shallow coupe shape, not like the sample you added which is the rim shaped plate. Smile Hope that helps .....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bopmum Thu 15 Aug - 8:16

Thanks Ev but I'll pass on those for now, they'll probably be gone now anyway.
In the last couple of days I've managed to get 55 or so side plates lol so I need to work on dinner plates, ovals, cups and jugs.
bopmum
bopmum

Back to top Go down

Post  bopmum Thu 15 Aug - 8:59

I thought I better clarify my my previous post, I didn't set out to purposely get 55 side plates lol, the trader I got them from had a auction for a small amount so I said I would take the lot, and he happened to have 42, and of course in the meantime I had already won another couple of auctions. Anyway I will have a lifetime supply of side plates in this glaze, maybe in the future they will become highly sought after and I'll become rich! lol
bopmum
bopmum

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 15 Aug - 22:50

Not the same shape but looks like your glaze:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/plates-platters/auction-627389178.htm
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  bopmum Fri 16 Aug - 8:07

Thanks Jeremy, this is the trader that so kindly helped me with 42 plates.
bopmum
bopmum

Back to top Go down

Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle Empty someone wants a lot of money

Post  Jeremy Ashford Tue 20 Aug - 8:33

This is the same as my little jug.
The number within the listing is wrong. Mine says 715-01 as per title, Vitrified (not colour-glaze). Not an item seen much but surely very expensive.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/jugs/auction-628762936.htm

SEE ALSO:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/plates-platters/auction-626753309.htm

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Tue 20 Aug - 8:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  bopmum Tue 20 Aug - 9:38

Yes I noticed those auctions, the jug is way too expensive for me but I have it on my watchlist nonetheless. The other auction I am the bidder on them so I am hoping to win those. The spouts are different on the jugs which spout does your have? I am still working on something to tempt a trade with you!!!!!!
bopmum
bopmum

Back to top Go down

Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle Empty and this one?

Post  Jeremy Ashford Tue 20 Aug - 13:24

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/jugs/auction-626530524.htm
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 8 Jul - 19:08

I confirmed today at the Portage Museum that this duck egg blue vitrified glaze is called Speckle. Can't find a number for this, but hopefully will come across it at some stage.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 8 Jul - 19:11

460 speckle glaze
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 8 Jul - 19:28

I have Speckled Glaze 460 and Speckle Mugs 461 and there are so many speckled glazes that we can't be sure which one is the duck egg blue one. I'm sure it will turn up sometime though.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 8 Jul - 19:59

I have written down "1967 refers to a pattern called Speckle Vitrified pale blue with speckle 3615 ashtray" no idea whereabouts I read that info Laughing
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 4 Feb - 13:22

Checking out some of this Vitrified Speckle pattern, I noticed that the stamps on the bases range from 1968, 1970, 1977 and 1978.
This pattern is very popular today 2021, due to it's hard wearing properties and timeless colour.Super Vitrified Duck Egg Blue is called Speckle 20210210
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum