NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim EmptyYesterday at 14:46 by JanPots

» Glen Beattie
cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim EmptyYesterday at 11:32 by Ev

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim EmptyYesterday at 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:22 by Ev

Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim

4 posters

Go down

cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim Empty Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim

Post  Cat-a-lat Wed 5 Dec - 11:31

I found this cup and saucer the other day, was very drawn to the beautiful colour of the glaze. I think the cup shape is 754 (maybe you would like to use this in the 'Which cup goes with which saucer' topic, Ev) no idea about the saucer (maybe the 744?). Both cup and saucer are backstamped 'Symphony British' - I see the Symphony British backstamp is in the backstamps gallery but nothing in the tableware gallery for it.

cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim Dsc01810

cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim Dsc01811
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim Empty Cups and saucers gallery

Post  Glenys Wed 5 Dec - 11:35

Yes please put it in there. I think it's gorgeous. Lovely colour.
Backstamp too.

Last edited by Glenys on Wed 5 Dec - 11:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Second thought!)

Glenys

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim Empty Re: Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim

Post  Cat-a-lat Mon 10 Dec - 20:40

Is 'Symphony' a pattern name in this instance and 'British' the 'range' (and as such' should this ' Symphony' be in the gallery?) scratch or is 'Symphony British' the backstamp that was applied to a range of patterns? confused
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim Empty Re: Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim

Post  Ev Wed 12 Dec - 7:21

I really enjoy seeing the older Crown Lynn crockery Smile
Cat, I did a google search for Symphony British and found that it was stamped on duck egg blue and also yellow glazed ware, so I don't think it is a pattern name as such ....
Still learning about this sort of thing - which backstamps were actually pattern names.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17738
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Tue 3 May - 19:15

Well, I just found Symphony British plates in both duck egg blue and lemon yellow, and very pretty they are too!
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Tue 3 May - 19:17

cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim 20160510
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 3 May - 19:21

Wow!! So lovely .... Janice I need your expert help please.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 4 May - 6:59

I will check later tonight when I have a bit more time.☺ it's off to work we go.... soon
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2112
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 10 Sep - 8:08

Thanks to Melita for letting us use her photos, this pattern will now finally get into the Patterns cheers

cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim Sympho10

cups - Symphony British - Gorgeous duck egg blue with gold trim Sympho11
Ev
Ev
Admin

Melita likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: