NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes

5 posters

Go down

Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Empty Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes

Post  Ev Wed 11 Feb - 16:12

Photo from hon-john...
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Feltex10

Last edited by Ev on Mon 8 Jun - 7:30; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Empty Tasman Pulp and Paper

Post  Ev Thu 12 Feb - 16:47

Photos from hon-john
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Tasman10

Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Tasman11
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Empty Re: Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes

Post  Ev Tue 19 Jan - 13:48

Found it!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Empty Re: Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes

Post  bopmum Thu 12 Sep - 16:30

When I first got this I immediately thought of the cup with coins on it,  but then on closer inspection it has Tasman on it.  Vit ware 7.
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Tasman10

Last edited by bopmum on Thu 12 Sep - 16:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
bopmum
bopmum

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Empty Tasman pulp and Paper

Post  JanPots Mon 25 May - 18:20

I bought one of the Tasman pulp and Paper bowls, the same as Hon Johns photo.
I was truly shocked when It arrived, I thought it was the size of an ashtray, when in fact its measures 210 mm diameter. ( I didn't read the description on TM )...
Its in very good condition too   Cool
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 25 May - 19:09

Does it have a number on it at all Janice?
Is it like the 5625 or 5626 or 5627 or something else again?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 25 May - 20:23

1963 from John's post so it should be a three digit Ev.

I couldn't see anything in 1-881, but I have been known to miss things.

Could they be handpotted or is that inside corner too square?
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Mon 25 May - 21:43

There is nothing on the base, no numbers or anything else. The base is concave,with a slight foot. I think that's the right words to describe. I need to take photograph, of the profile, so you can see what I mean. Too late to do it now ...
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 26 May - 6:40

I was floundering around as this bowl rang so many bells, but have now located the record.  In Tam Mitchell's modelling notes on 13.11.62 there is an entry "Tasman" Bowl and also two other entries relating to the Tasman Badge.  No mention of numbers.

Last edited by Ev on Mon 8 Jun - 7:29; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Empty Tasman Pulp and Paper bowl

Post  JanPots Tue 26 May - 12:46

Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes 06710photo of profile of the base of the Tasman Pulp and Paper
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes 06510
Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes 06610
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Flick Sun 7 Jun - 16:16

Hi, Found this Tasman Pulp and Paper Commemorative dish a couple of months ago. Interesting inscription to reverse-links to Edgecumbe/Kawerau earthquake. Not named or numbered as Crown Lynn but certainly seems so.Has anyone seen/read about this one attributed to Crown Lynn. Is a large baking dish 34cm long by 25cm wide.

Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Ppm210Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Ppm310Branded Ware... including Tasman Pulp & Paper dishes Ppm12

Flick

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 7 Jun - 16:28

Hi Flick, you don't see those very often, although there has been one listed on Trade Me for years. It is Crown Lynn and the shape number is 8655 and it's called a Large Oval Baker. It is rather unique in that it relates to that big earthquake.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flick Sun 7 Jun - 16:39

Thanks Ev. Mmmm thought it was probably Crown Lynn but wasn't positive without name or number, so that's good to know. Interesting piece of NZ/Crown Lynn history.

Flick

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum