NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is this black dish Crown Lynn 356 “Wet and Dry”
What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. EmptyToday at 15:01 by kitsch

» Is this Titian Studio? No it's Diana Pottery Australia!
What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. EmptyToday at 11:51 by kitsch

» Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please
What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. EmptyToday at 10:34 by kitsch

» Is this “Shell” shaped vase NZ pottery
What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. EmptyToday at 10:14 by kitsch

» Is this large brown painted bowl Crown Lynn please?
What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. EmptyToday at 10:10 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn Shape No. 42?
What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. EmptyToday at 8:21 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn shape no.10!
What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. EmptyToday at 8:19 by kitsch

» Temuka Maori motif wall vase
What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. EmptyYesterday at 16:15 by Ev

» Temuka ware factory seconds
What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. EmptyYesterday at 7:53 by Melita

What is this two-toned lot? Answer - they belong to Palm Springs.

3 posters

Go down

What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. Empty What is this two-toned lot? Answer - they belong to Palm Springs.

Post  mumof1 Fri 25 Mar - 10:40

What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. Dsc04610

the jug has a number which is unclear because the glaze is SO thick, looks like 6013 or 603?? Is this Crown Lynn?
What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. Dsc04611
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. Empty Re: What is this two-toned lot? Answer - they belong to Palm Springs.

Post  Marl474 Fri 25 Mar - 12:54

It looks like Palm Springs to me, the plates have a pattern on them but the cups and accessories are plain. Have a look at the gallery for Palm Springs. Cheers, Marl
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

What is this two-toned lot?  Answer - they belong to Palm Springs. Empty Re: What is this two-toned lot? Answer - they belong to Palm Springs.

Post  Ev Fri 25 Mar - 19:06

Hey there Marl Very Happy
Crown Lynn jugs have a 4 digit number that start with a 6 .... so yes definitely Crown Lynn!
There are a couple of Dorothy Thorpe's that these could belong to ...... I need to ponder a while Wink
I'm sure that I have the Dot Thorpe numbers somewhere for pieces..... but will need a day or three to find them.....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 25 Mar - 19:42

Ev wrote:Hey there Marl Very Happy
Crown Lynn jugs have a 4 digit number that start with a 6 .... so yes definitely Crown Lynn!
There are a couple of Dorothy Thorpe's that these could belong to ...... I need to ponder a while Wink
I'm sure that I have the Dot Thorpe numbers somewhere for pieces..... but will need a day or three to find them.....
Thank you both for your time!
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 25 Mar - 21:36

A Palm Springs dinner set was listed on TradeMe and answers your question mumof1 Smile
Marl gets top marks for her answer Wink

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=358657515

Please note the colour of the dessert bowls!
They seem to be the same colour as the inside of the cups and jug ....
What colour would you call that colour mumof1 ??
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 25 Mar - 22:48

The colour of the ones on trade Me is not quite right. The outer on mine is most like the picture of the base with the number on it and the inside I would best describe as a pale harvest gold, whereas in my photo they look greener, does that help?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 27 Mar - 11:18

I checked out a few things for you mumof1 ...
6013 is the number for the "Shape 25" Cream Jug.
The Dorothy Thorpe range was sold in New Zealand using the "Shape 25" cups and jugs.
The Dorothy Thorpe Ball Handled jug is shape 6010
and the Dorothy Thorpe Loop handled jug is shape 6012.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Sun 27 Mar - 13:10

Ev wrote:I checked out a few things for you mumof1 ...
6013 is the number for the "Shape 25" Cream Jug.
The Dorothy Thorpe range was sold in New Zealand using the "Shape 25" cups and jugs.
The Dorothy Thorpe Ball Handled jug is shape 6010
and the Dorothy Thorpe Loop handled jug is shape 6012.
Thank you so much!!
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum