NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Relic from a bygone era [ Lambert Dunedin ]

2 posters

Go down

Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] Empty Relic from a bygone era [ Lambert Dunedin ]

Post  Thelma Sun 12 Dec - 14:08

You got me thinking Ev, after mentioning your garden finds. I have had a fossick out in an overgrown area of my garden and found the couple of edging tiles I put there way back. These came from my parents house, built around 1879 in Dunedin. My father found all sorts of bric-a-brac when he was repiling the house back in the 70s. Many glass jars and shards of pottery had been thrown under the house for years. As my parents bought the house in 1957 I can narrow it down that the tiles were probably made between 1879 and 1957! I managed to fish out one tile, (the other has a large dill plant around it at the moment,) and gave it a scrub to get off all the dirt, I had not noticed the Lambert Dunedin mark before so it will probably not go back to the garden now! The design on it looks like a thistle, rose and shamrock, perhaps a reference to the scots, english and irish ancestry of the people of Dunedin? It is in rather knocked about condition but I do remember many others under the house in worse state, the two I kept were at least whole. Must be my earliest finds. I have been collecting pottery for longer that I thought Shocked
[img]htt[url=https://servimg.com/view/15869717/21]Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] Lamber11p://i66.servimg.com/u/f66/15/86/97/17/lamber10.jpg[/img][/url]

Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] Empty Re: Relic from a bygone era [ Lambert Dunedin ]

Post  Thelma Sun 12 Dec - 14:12

hmm, something happened there and only one photo came through. I will retry sending the other one later.
Thelma
Thelma

Back to top Go down

Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] Empty Re: Relic from a bygone era [ Lambert Dunedin ]

Post  Ev Sun 12 Dec - 17:07

How amazing.... I clicked on the make it larger thingy as I can't quite make out the other word on the tile... and saw the front side ... which is classic Victoriana!! Being a Northern Kiwi I know nothing of Lambert's pottery ... so I got Gail Henry to help me Smile Oh yes that is a relic from a bygone era Thelma ... Tony has something similar from the Clark/Crum/Almagamated pottery ....not sure until I check.
Can I ask what the other word is please Thelma? I can see the faint Lambert ....
Perhaps we have to start a new topic for Lambert's pottery ...thanks a million Thelma :ho ho ho:
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Sun 12 Dec - 21:59

Well, what do you know, I did the same thing and the first photo shows up, I have no idea why it is not there otherwise. scratch The other word is Dunedin. Sorry I could not get it to show up better, it is a lighter impression than Lambert. Thanks, now I will have to slash away at the dill to get to the ther one, I want to see if it is the same, methinks it is slightly different.
Thelma
Thelma

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Sun 12 Dec - 22:12

the front side

Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] Lamber12
Thelma
Thelma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 13 Dec - 6:31

I will add Lambert Dunedin to your title Thelma .... what a treasure!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] Empty Lambert Bros money box from the collection of Manos

Post  Ev Tue 12 Jul - 17:25

Photo courtesy of Manos.
Relic from a bygone era  [ Lambert Dunedin ] Lamber10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: